Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Master Bathroom

When we first bought this house - we knew that we were going to have to put some elbow grease into it.  We had really hoped to avoid it, but it was such a good deal and after four offers deep on four different houses we were happy with "good bones."  We just needed to update...everywhere.  This is original wall paper from 1985, when the house was built.  Awesome.
BEFORE:

Keep in mind that these pictures were taken when we did one of our walk through - so these are not our things or toiletries.  I love the mauve tile. Sarcasm people.
Not that you wan to see a toilet - but I thought I would share the carpet (around a toilet - ewww) and the wooden toilet seat.

DURING CONSTRUCTION:
So, first we had the carpet ripped out.  Then, Ben and my Dad removed the big overhead fluorescent light beam encasement (not sure how else to describe it).  Of course, the wallpaper was removed as well.  Ben spent a lot of time scraping glue off the drywall with a putty knife.  The toilet is in the tub as Ben started the tiling (yeah, that was fun).

AFTER:
There is a lot of light in this bathroom - probably should have had my flash on.  Don't laugh at me, the tags are on the rugs because I was debating on them.
I love our new bathroom.  Thank you Ben and Dad for doing the floor and the wainscoting.  
This is just for the vanity shot.  This was a beast to paint.  Just a small preview of the kitchen.  We are getting geared up for that next.  I jokingly call this the "poor man's reno."  For now, we didn't rip out the vanity, tub or shower; we just used a lot of paint and updated all hardware (ok, resurfaced the walls and floor too).  Not sure if you can tell, but the walls are a gray - really pretty, really soothing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment