Thursday, February 4, 2010

Busy Bee

I have so much to share! I have been a very busy Mama and may have one too many projects started.  I did, recently completed a couple that I will share.  Then I will play catch up on blogging with the kids and events like Esme's first solids, Stella's pink boots, and Ben's first ENTIRE day with the girls alone (we are talking 9 hours people)!
But first...my art project for my soul sister, Kara.  Not sure if she will like it, but it was fun and kept my hands busy.
  

Now, for the biggie...I must share some history with this.  I found a project about a month ago I wanted to tackle that required either an old door or window.  My mom and I ventured to the ReStore Habitat warehouse and I picked up two old windows for $1!!!  More on that later.  On our way back we stopped by the Goodwill store.  I was feeling pretty lucky about my old wooden windows (50 cent each!), that I thought "who knows, maybe something else will shout out at me."  Then I saw this beauty...
 
  
 
Pretty awful, right?  But it was only $5, and something was telling me this could be great.  What you can not see from these pictures is that this baby is solid wood; not composite, not particle board...solid wood.  My Mom and I had to have someone carry it to the car (that says a lot because my Mom is pretty mighty). 

So I have been thinking about colors until I was looking through my latest Pottery Barn Magazine (yes I realize it is a catalog, but I treat them like a magazine - I learn and inspire from them)!  This is the "IN" color for accent furniture: 
 
This is Pottery barn $179 - so cute. 

Here is my $5 table:


 
 
I am in love with our new end table that will hold diaper supplies downstairs. 

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love it! And the color I am totally in love with...what color did you use???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lake Country by Valspar from Lowe's. I love it so much I have been using it for more projects! It is my "new red."

    ReplyDelete