Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Boulevard Tour

When you are on a budget, you have to get creative when it comes to Birthday gifts.  Ben LOVES good beer.  We have been in the KC area for five years and still have not toured Boulevard Brewery....until now.  In May (maybe the first week even), I tried to book a tour for his Birthday in June which landed us in July.  We met up with one of our favorite couples and had a GREAT time!  Wow, two dates in one month! 
I love this sign - it was in the bathroom.

We learned that Boulevard is the 16th largest brewer in the nation and the 9th largest craft brewer 
(hopefully those number are recalled correctly)!  Last year, they brewed approx 144,000 barrels of beer!
This room full of barrels was probably one of my favorites in the tour. Although, I must add I dazed off from our tour guide speaking, and could only think of trying to get one of these barrels home to use for a table.
Ben was in awe, and was truly hanging on every word spoken about the brewery.
We watched boxes of Boulevard Wheat actually be assembled.

The best part...the end when we sampled! 
They make pretty babies too!
Hmm...I decided I didn't want to carry the Nikon through the tour.  These pictures were all taken with an i-phone.  Maybe for Christmas I should ask Santa for a nicer "point and shoot!"   
We had a lot of fun!  Maybe instead of touring wineries, we should look into touring breweries!

No comments:

Post a Comment