Saturday, April 24, 2010

So Fresh and So Clean

I can't take it anymore.  I need to feel that something is finished or near the finish line at least.  This is our laundry pass through/butler pantry.  I LOVE IT.  However, this post comes with a caveat; it still isn't done.  But I wanted to share anyway.

Here is the original from our walk through buying the house:

Here is my initial paint job.  The walls were a mess after removing the wall paper.  I loved the red but...

I like this better...(I thought there would be too much contrast with the red and white).

The lovely SHUTTER doors...

And after...
We had some left over board after re-doing the bathroom.  Brilliant, right?  I got the idea from Vintage Simple

As you can see, I still need to paint the inside of the cabinets.  That requires creating more clutter by taking out all the glasses.  It will have to wait as there is enough clutter with the kitchen construction and art projects I have going in the dining room.  Some of you may wonder why I removed the doors on the left side of the butler pantry.  I needed to utilize the space better.  This is my make shift mud room.  The bottom shelf is all about the dogs; their food and a bin for their things. The top shelf are bins for the girls things as well as mine (their shoes, my bag, umbrella, milk bag, pump etc).  The garage door is right outside this area so it is convenient to have these bins when we first walk in the house.  I also installed coat hooks next to the garage for whatever coats we are currently using (you know Kansas, you could be wearing a parka one day and then a rain jacket the next).
The Kitchen will probably be a few more weeks.  The back splash is on it's way.  Painting is being done.  Whew.  Here is a little preview...
The Chalkboard for the girls.  This is when I "conditioned" it after painting.  It has been touched up and is in use now. 

In the middle of all this I apparently thought it was wise to make some homemade salsa.
I barely had any counter space to use.  But it was sooooo worth it.  This stuff is addicting.  The recipe is here.
I make mine with only one jalapeno, Ben gets a couple extra.  Yes, that is a jar of minced garlic and a bottle of lime jiuce...I know the real stuff is better (limited counter space and time folks).  Do you like the chalkboard paint in the background? It is still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment