Saturday, May 12, 2012

Stella's Ballet Recital

We enroll the girls in ballet and gymnastics through the recreation center for exposure and exercise.  They love it.  I love that there is an actual recital at the end of the year.  This year the theme was The Wizard of Oz.  Each age group was a different character, from farm animals to tornadoes, from poppies to witches.  Stella was a lion (and she was not lacking courage).  Esme is too young, the recital started with the three year old group. They were my second favorite group...farm animals.

Although the ballet class is in a real dance room and the recital was in a large auditorium and the girls were on a big stage...the rehearsal was in a large gym.  This is where we, parents, were allowed to take pictures. Here the girls are waiting patiently for their turn.

"Does my mane still look okay?"

Stella getting her groove on.

 Lion paws...I love it.

Getting ready for the actual recital. Stella was so excited to put make up on. 

My makeup job still was not dark enough - this snow white still washed out on stage.  
Posing with lion paws.

Esme...waiting for to give her sister flowers following the recital.  This is also Esme, turning in circles away from me as I am trying to take her picture.

Tiny Dancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment